Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a rapidly growing, industry defining business within Amazon.com. We provide developers and their organizations building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
The AWS Marketplace team delivers a 3P ecosystem and monetization opportunities for Software and SaaS providers on AWS cloud. We are inventing new ways of building flexible, massively scalable and globally distributed systems for Catalog Management, Metering and Billing for 3P software and services. Our services empower AWS customers to complement AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, RDS and DynamoDB.
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial Technical Program Manager to drive the Region Expansion for AWS Marketplace. This role will be the key stakeholder defining the strategy for supporting special and standard regions, work with engineering teams to come up with the launch plan, as well as best practices to be adopted. You will have complete end-to-end technical responsibility for working across AWS services, ISVs and stakeholders on the AWS Region Expansion PMO to drive Marketplace success in these regions. This is a highly technical and visible role - offering the opportunity to interact at all levels of AWS - that is ideal for someone who wants to have a big impact on this fast-growing, cutting-edge, business.
- Own and drive the Marketplace Region Expansion plan including post-launch success metrics and address customer concerns.
- Work with AWS product managers and customers to understand the use cases as well as business requirements and translate these needs into technical/functional specifications.
- Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches; lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Balance the customer & business needs with technical complexity and constraints.
- Work with AWS engineering managers to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify inter-dependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
- Gain consensus on technical decisions, and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results
- Work with the product managers to launch these projects and provide ongoing technical support as appropriate.
- Evangelize within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of the services; be the primary conduit for gathering requirements for future enhancements; develop demos, sample and technical collateral as required.