The role of the Sr. Art Director is to help build an environment where great ideas are born and can thrive. They are champions of strategic creative internally and externally. They orchestrate end-to-end brand experiences creating emotional connections with Amazon customers. They drive our business forward with innovative campaign ideas that can be turned into scalable solutions.
Working with authority and professionalism, they will own large campaigns while delegating smaller tasks and offering feedback to team members, ensuring the high quality of the creative work and displaying the expertise that has gone into the project. Developing the team’s creative capability through beginning management leadership, the aim is to set our campaigns apart from those of competitors while leveraging what’s unique to Amazon. Responsibilities
· Be customer obsessed. Think strategically.
- Distill marketing challenges and business goals into focused creative briefs
- Dive deep on the target audience (considering a brand's target audience as well as Amazon shopper behavior) to find meaningful insights.
- Understand human behavior. Focus the work on solving real customer problems.
- Measure success in terms of business metrics
· Insist on the highest standards of creative.
- Lead and inspire the creative team to continually raise the creative bar across your clients.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to drive executions of all types (video, social, voice integration, VR, etc)
- Work with project managers to ensure timelines, resources and budget allocations can meet project scope.
- Deliver campaignable ideas and multi-channel brand campaigns of the highest standard that map to the brief and generate measurable business return for clients.
· Take ownership of the business.
- Maintain a high-level view across the business. Understand the complexities, dependencies and opportunities beyond our immediate team.
- Understand the AMG platform and how to sell it, work within the existing framework as well as push new functionalities.
- Create ideas and executions that can become scalable executions (and revenue streams) in the future.
- Be willing and able to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
· Take ownership of client and agency relationships. Think big.
- Work with client services to build strategic business partnerships with your clients, inspiring and exciting them about our creative work and our delivery on their brand promise
- Ensure your clients and agency partners know you, meet you regularly and value your input and tenure on their business
- Use your understanding to create a clear vision for the creativity on the account and ensure this vision is clearly communicated and understood with both clients, planning and the account team
- Articulate and defend strategic thinking and creative direction to internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver high standards of client satisfaction, measuring through feedback, open communication, surveys, response to campaigns and continuously adapting and adjusting approaches to benefit client need
· Earn trust. Be a thought leader.
- Be a creative ambassador. Help build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams, client and agency partners.
- Build relationships and align efforts with internal business partners: sales, CM, custom, DT, product
- Educate, inspire and motivate colleagues across the organization to help them understand, protect and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients.
- Review market developments and industry trends and identify potential opportunities for Amazon Advertising
· Hire and develop the best. Earn trust.
- Inspire, guide, motivate, mentor to ensure that your team performs at their peak and grow professionally. Make followers.
- Actively recruit for future roles that will support our evolution.
Ensure clear communication upwards and downwards within the team.