The Alexa Mobile team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to lead multiple large projects spanning multiple internal and external partners.
In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers including mobile device and mobile application developers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large cross-functional and cross-organizational projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. As a Principal TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
· Engage with internal partners from different functional teams, and external partners, e.g. OEM device manufacturers, Carriers, mobile app developers, architects, hardware engineers and project managers to capture requirements and manage timelines
· Own the planning and delivery of customer products and roadmap as pertaining to enablement of Alexa on Mobile
· Manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
· Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams
· Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
· Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals