Join the team that just launched the first-ever Amazon Books retail store. We’ve applied Amazon’s 20+ years of online bookselling experience to build a store that is helping to build the brick and mortar face of Amazon. Our doors opened November 3rd 2015 and it is very much still Day One. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world’s most customer-centric store and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a dynamic, creative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
Amazon Books’ success relies on empowering a team of exceptionally talent retail leaders and associates in our brick and mortar stores. As the Head of Content, Communications and Store Engagement you will be responsible for developing a vision and strategy for what and how we communicate, what and how we teach, how we engage with our store teams, and how we gather feedback and insights from them.
The key pillars of our business that this leader will own and be responsible for driving include: Content and Instructional Design Strategy and Development
- Responsible for leading the instructional design department and for driving the strategic development, direction, implementation, and improvement of high-volume, high-quality content-production processes that result in low-effort, high impact (engaging and meaningful) learning experiences (in face-to-face, fully online, and blended formats) for adult learners.
- Responsible for guiding the functional support areas within the instructional design team, which include: technical and learning design oversight and support; learning asset production; content management oversight and support; curriculum consultation; distance-learning strategies; support of the associate learning experience; and LM instructor/TTT development and training. Pillar #2: End-To-End Communications Program Strategy, Implementation and Execution
- Responsible for the communications team and for determining what, when and how we communicate to our store teams.
- Manage the direction, vision and processes for how we communicate to all our store employees. This Leader must consider the means and methods of delivery in developing a communications strategy. The scope of the communications team’s charter encompasses everything from our tactical day-to-day communications on tasks and operations to our Strategic Communications and Engagement approach. The team supporting Communications is responsible for our All-Hands presentations and videos, managing top-line messages to our Associate team, development and maintenance of store calendars and communications strategy for key initiatives, development and publications of newsletters, development of social media strategy, etc. Pillar #3: Scalable Tools and Processes
- The deployment of Content and Communications requires a series of scalable tools and processes to facilitate implementation. This leader will need to develop a vision and partner with the Program Management and Tech team to develop an end-to-end Content and Communications tools and process vision and plans
- This leader will be responsible for providing and driving the business requirements for our Content and Communications tools and for articulating the vision of how Communications and Content teams operate with our store teams at scale. Pillar #4: Associate Engagement
- This leader owns the high-level strategy and program for driving employee engagement.
- Responsible for developing and managing the processes and programs which will support gathering, managing and implementing feedback and insights given by our store teams.
In this high profile role, you will collaborate with numerous operational and business teams to identify, define, and implement solutions to facilitate store management success and help build a culture of exceptional customer obsession where the needs of the store are foremost in the minds of the entire organization.
You will thrive in this role by bringing experience defining needle-moving programs and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs. Skills:
- Experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional projects.
- Experience managing and developing large Retail Communications or Learning and Instructional Design programs.
- Demonstrated ability of working in complex environments to drive business process change.
- Experience developing operational processes and driving process improvements.
- Experience delivering programmatic goals and leading complex projects.
- Exceptional Customer Obsessions with a passion for working backwards from the needs of field or sales organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results from inception to completion.
- Excellent planning and execution skills. Meticulous and methodical, detail oriented with experience diving deep and asking the right questions.