Join the team that just launched the first-ever Amazon Books retail store.
We’ve applied Amazon’s 20+ years of online bookselling experience to build a store that is helping to build the brick and mortar face of Amazon. Our doors opened November 3rd 2015 and it is very much still Day One.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world’s most customer-centric store and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a dynamic, creative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
Amazon Books’ success relies on empowering a team of exceptionally talent retail leaders and associates in our brick and mortar stores. As the Sr. Program Manager, Store Engagment, your ownership will include:
- Defining and developing programmatic structure of the flow of information and vehicles for strategic activities, a “Master Plan” for Strategic Comms including: internal communications strategies, messages and tactics to engage off-laptop and virtual employee base.
- Leverage internal communications tools and explore external tools including blogs, email, video, and social media tools to engage store-based workforce. Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact; and manage and support crisis communications, as needed.
- Define boundaries of where teams have autonomous, guard-railed, or pure execution input into our business.
- Developing tools and process to ensure that our store culture scales, in particular programs that manage the flow of ideas between store and corporate teams (and between store – store teams), such as researching “Crowd-sourcing” tools to solicit feedback and voice of the store input in aggregate, helping us prioritize the right feedback back to our corporate teams.
- Defining the process and standards of how and where corporate partners insert themselves into our store culture. This includes further developing policies and processes around store visits, scalable process for providing in-store etiquette guidelines for corporate teams, and building a formal program to expose corporate team members to the store team experience, our version of C2FC, Amazon Books Corporate Connection (ABC2).
- Developing and managing key internal communications (for example, intra- or cross-divisional messages, talking points, frequently asked questions (FAQs), associate-facing promotional materials, presentations, such as All-Hands, etc.); Develop engagement and end-to-end communication plans for major change initiatives
In this high profile role, you will collaborate with numerous operational and business teams to identify, define, and implement solutions to facilitate store management success and help build a culture of exceptional customer obsession where the needs of the store are foremost in the minds of the entire organization.
You will thrive in this role by bringing experience defining needle-moving programs and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs.
- Experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional projects.
- Demonstrated ability of working in complex environments to drive business process change.
- Experience developing operational processes and process improvements.
- Experience delivering programmatic goals and leading complex projects.
- Exceptional Customer Obsessions with a passion for working backwards from the needs of field or sales organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results from inception to completion.
- Excellent planning and execution skills. Meticulous and methodical, detail oriented with experience diving deep and asking the right questions.