Building environments where great ideas are born and can thrive. Championing strategic creative both internally and externally. Orchestrating end-to-end brand experiences that create emotional connections with consumers. Driving business forward with innovative campaign ideas that can turn into scalable solutions. Amazon Media Group seeks a creative director with the chops to help our advertising clients make an impact with Amazon customers. Be customer obsessed and think strategically
· Distill marketing challenges and business goals into focused creative briefs.
· Dive deep on audience (considering a brand’s target audience as well as Amazon shopper behavior) to find meaningful insights.
· Understand human behavior. Focus the work on solving real customer problems.
· Measure success in terms of business metrics. Insist on the highest creative standards
· Direct creative teams first, and creative second. Lead and inspire teams to continually raise the creative bar across clients.
· Collaborate across multiple teams to drive executions of all types (video, social, voice integration, VR, etc.).
· Work with project managers to ensure timelines, resources, and budget allocations can meet project scope.
· Deliver campaignable ideas and multichannel brand campaigns of the highest standard that map to the brief and generate measurable business return for clients. Take ownership of the business
· Maintain a high-level view across the business. Understand the complexities, dependencies, and opportunities beyond our immediate team.
· Understand our advertising platform and how to sell it, working within the existing framework as well as pushing for new functionalities.
· Create ideas that can become scalable executions (and revenue streams) in the future.
· Be willing and able to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
· Network with other Amazon teams to follow emerging products and find opportunities for advertisers.
Think big and own client and agency relationships
· Work with client services to build strategic business partnerships with clients and agency partners, inspiring and exciting them about creative solutions and delivery on their brand promise.
· Create a clear vision for the creative execution on the account and ensure the vision is clearly communicated and understood with both clients, planning, and the account team.
· Articulate and defend strategic thinking and creative direction to executive-level internal and external stakeholders.
· Deliver high standards of client satisfaction, measuring through feedback, open communication, surveys, and campaign response and continuously adapting and adjusting approaches to benefit the client. Earn trust and be a thought leader
· Be a creative ambassador. Build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams as well as client and agency partners.
· Build relationships and align efforts with internal business partners, including sales, client services, and technology.
· Educate, inspire, and motivate colleagues across the organization to help them understand, protect, and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients.
· Represent Amazon at industry events, panels, and groups, reinforcing our creative philosophy, strategy, and objectives.
· Review market developments and industry trends and identify potential opportunities for Amazon Media Group. Hire and develop the best
· Inspire, guide, motivate, and mentor to ensure your team members perform at their peak and grow professionally. Make followers.
· Actively recruit for future roles to support our evolution. Skills
· Passion for creativity, from conceptual thinking to final output.
· Portfolio demonstrating big, campaignable thinking that can extend into any medium.
· Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use in marketing.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
· Clear verbal and written communication.
· Ability to work through escalations and difficult situations independently.
Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player