Interested in Amazon Alexa? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is looking for a Language Engineer to join our data engineering team in the area of speech and language data processing. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems. In this role, you will support a range of data collection efforts, monitor accuracy and throughput standards, and be a key member in new feature development.
Specifically, the Language Engineer will:
- Provide day-to-day coordination of data collection efforts, including planning, scheduling, and reporting
- Measure and analyze accuracy and throughput of annotated data
- Contribute to the design of new features by extending existing annotation schemas to cover new areas
- Write grammars and build FSTs
- Use modeling tools to bootstrap new functionalities
- Handle competing requests from a range of data customers
- Collaborate with other Language Engineers in data collection and feature design efforts