Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Architects and Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server infrastructure. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today. Key Responsibilities:
· Work with applications teams to ascertain requirements for accelerating cloud applications with a particular focus on computer arithmetic
· Model and analyze architectures
· Develop or work with design teams to develop the micro-architecture and implement the design in state of the art process technology nodes
· Work closely with modeling, verification, validation, and test teams to ensure the design meets the goals and requirements
· Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through technical leadership, collaboration, and teamwork