The Amazon Fashion Technology group transforms how customers shop for clothing, shoes, and accessories online by delivering new customer experiences and platforms across Amazon. We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Product Management Technical to be the product leader for the the Fashion Science Team. The Fashion Science Team uses machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), and computer vision to scale product classification and power new fashion discovery experiences.
In this role, you will lead a team of Product Managers to shape the business and product strategy for automatically labeling and clustering products by visual attributes and aesthetic. Given the subjective nature of fashion, this is a particularly interesting technical challenge. You will also be responsible for building the next generation of experiences leveraging this data to help customers find more relevant items on Amazon Fashion.
You will build product roadmaps, own prioritization, define clear requirements, conduct market research, and forecast and analyze business results. Successful candidates will work lead a team to expand in several groundbreaking areas, working with a broad cross-section of the Amazon organization and spanning a wide range of technologies. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to have a large impact in new technologies, within an innovative Amazon business unit.
The right person will have at least ten years of product management experience, with experience building, leading and growing high performing teams. You will be highly analytical to select and digest the right signals from datasets and market patterns, and be calm in the face of fast-moving environments. Candidates must exhibit clear customer obsession, with strong product sensibilities to develop new concepts and drive feature prioritization and trade-offs. Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and strong customer focus.
Successful candidates in this role will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. They are delivery-focused, with a track record of shipping innovative, customer-centric, and successful products. This position has a high level of visibility, and you will need to be a strong leader, able to drive our roadmap and thinking in this space.
- Own the product vision for the Fashion Science team. Directly manage a team of product and program managers.
- Developing and creating buy-in for the global product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Translating the customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap.
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance, and operational support load.
- Drive execution, staying ahead of dependencies, making smart tradeoffs, coordinating dependencies, and maintaining communication throughout the organization to guarantee a smooth and efficient product delivery.
- Leading cross-functionally to ensure we implement the business vision efficiently.
- Balance business needs and technical constraints while maximizing business benefit and building great customer experiences.
- Audit launched products and iterate based on measurable results.