Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR) is a web service that makes it easy to quickly and cost-effectively process vast amounts of data. Amazon EMR simplifies big data processing, providing a managed Hadoop framework that makes it easy, fast, and cost-effective for you to distribute and process vast amounts of your data across dynamically scalable Amazon EC2 instances. You can also run other popular distributed frameworks such as Apache Spark and Presto in Amazon EMR, and interact with data in other AWS data stores such as Amazon S3, Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon DynamoDB. Amazon EMR securely and reliably handles your big data use cases, including log analysis, web indexing, data warehousing, machine learning, financial analysis, scientific simulation, and bioinformatics.
Are you passionate about Big Data? Do you like helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical skills, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?
The Amazon EMR team is seeking a solutions architect to be a trusted advisor to our customers to solve some of the most complex and forward thinking big data problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the most prominent startup as well as some of the largest enterprises to help them architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions. You will also be able to dive deep into the details of customer problems and come up with solutions that address customer needs. You will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to develop the internal expertise needed to grow EMR-related revenue.
Open to domestic travel up to 25% Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon EMR, Spark, Preso and related technologies
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based analytic solutions
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Assess EMR-related knowledge across AWS sales, solutions architecture and business development teams and develop plans to address gaps
- Evangelize Amazon EMR technologies to big data community
- Build and maintain technical trusted advisor relationships to influence key technical decision makers on platform choices
- Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and lectures
- Partner with the EMR service team to channel voice-of-the-customer on emerging trends and requirements to materially shape the roadmap