Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and good interpersonal skills. You will partner with gaming customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures for customers in the mobile, social, AAA, and MMO gaming spaces. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help customers understand best practices around advanced cloud-based gaming solutions, and how to run games in a scalable yet cost effective manner on AWS. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS with game developers ranging from indie start-ups to established AAA studios. The successful candidate will possess a combination of game industry experience and cloud computing experience, and be able to translate cloud computing concepts into business value for game developers and publishers.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for: Fun to work with
. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with gaming customers of all shapes and sizes.
You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small independent developers to large game studios.
Have a solid understanding of game technology and trends.
The ideal candidate will have past experience in a hands-on technical role at a game developer or publisher. You should have experience launching and maintaining online games, preferably on a cloud platform such as AWS. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create extraordinary gaming solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Educate gaming customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to gaming customers considering or already using AWS
- Bring together and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community, especially in regards to gaming solutions and patterns
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support