Would you like to own driving the global technical enterprise migration Solutions Architecture strategy for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help large enterprises around the world transform their business by moving to the cloud? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the enterprise segment? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish AWS as a leader in the Enterprise?
Your responsibilities will include helping articulate the technical strategy for AWS in the Enterprise segment, identifying and engaging key strategic integration and solutions partners, and driving the technical relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices, including data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption in the Enterprise segment.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of our Enterprise customers, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to platform architects, infrastructure architects and engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Together with the broader Enterprise team, helps develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partner.
- Responsible for understanding the use cases for the Enterprise customer segment and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing reference architectures that highlight the use of AWS services in partnership with internal and external team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, Professional Services consultants, Technical Account Managers, etc.) understand both the use cases and technology involved across the Enterprise segment. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
- Responsible for establishing technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners across the Enterprise segment.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in the enterprise space, and is able to credibly represent us at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large enterprise IT environments.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.