Would you like to own driving the global technical Solutions Architecture strategy for Amazon Web Services (AWS) for the Startups segment and work with the world’s most innovative startups, accelerators and incubators, venture capital and private equity firms? Are you passionate about helping startup companies use cloud computing to develop and deploy cutting-edge, large scale applications? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders and influencers in the startup space? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in providing infrastructure to the world's hottest startups?
Your responsibilities will include helping articulate the technical strategy for AWS in the startup segment, identifying and engaging key strategic integration and solutions partners, and driving the technical relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS Startup Business Development teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices, including data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption in the startup segment.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and VC firms, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to startup architects and engineers, Accelerator and Incubator (A&I) participants, and Venture Capital (VC) and Private Equity (PE) executives. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of our Startup, A&I, VC and PE customers.
Proven expertise in developing successful startup application architectures is essential to the role, as is working with solution engineering teams for building the solutions. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Together with the broader startup team, helps develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partners
- Responsible for understanding the use cases for startup customers and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing reference architectures that highlight the use of AWS services in partnership with internal and external teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, ProServe Consultants, TAMs, etc.) understand both the use cases and technology involved across the startup ecosystem. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
- Responsible for establishing technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with technical leadership within startups, as well as venture capital partners.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in the startup space, and is able to credibly represent us at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.