We are seeking an expert Systems Development Engineer to be key part of the AWS Storage Gateway service team. In this role you will design and build the next-generation infrastructure that support the world’s largest cloud network. You’ll solve unique problems related to our large distributed service and the heterogeneous mix of customer appliances outside of our network that interface with it. You will enhance our pure DevOps environment with your expertise in the areas of Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, and automation. You will focus on security, reliability, availability, and elasticity to petabyte-scale and beyond. You are a true leader, and don’t compromise when it comes to doing what’s right. You will become a thought leader in the area of operational excellence across our entire organization.
What do you need to bring to the table? You’re creative, responsible, and curious. Your hands-on technical skills run deep and you are excited by tough challenges. You thrive on working with others and moving quickly to solve real-world problems. You have big ideas and need an environment that will let you act on them. You want to grow your technical and professional skills at a larger scale, but also have deep experience that you can use to teach others. You want to work hard, have fun, and make history. That’s not just a motto, it’s our way of working every day.
Some key functions of the Senior Systems Development Engineer role are:
· Building the platform that powers AWS Storage Gateway through operations- and infrastructure-driven projects.
· Automating build, test, and deployment processes to work reliably at AWS scale.
· Fine-tuning of service performance at the software, network, and hardware layers.
· Building systems to audit and measure the reliability of our services.
· Working with metrics-based load projections to cope with a demanding growth curve.
· Achieving and maintaining various certifications related to our business.
· Managing the health of multiple distributed specialized server fleets and the software stacks that run on them.
· Executing ongoing maintenance activities including patching, outage handling, ticket resolution, and root cause fixes. What is Amazon Web Services?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s leading provider of public cloud services. We power the businesses and services that you use every day, covering innumerable use cases at unprecedented scale. We focus relentlessly on doing what’s right for the customer and never compromise our principles to get there. We are building the next-generation of computing platforms that will transform the way the world works. What is AWS Storage Gateway?
AWS Storage Gateway provides an easy means for customers to move massive amounts of data into the cloud. Our solutions fit seamlessly into existing non-cloud workloads and give customers simplified access to the scalability and security of S3, Glacier, and EBS data storage via our data appliance that can be easily deployed in any data center. Our solution supports industry-standard protocols and can be configured to provide instant on-site access to frequently-used data. Our solutions support a broad set of workloads including tiering, caching, cloud bursting, and more. You can read more about AWS Storage Gateway at http://aws.amazon.com/storagegateway/