The Warehouse Area Manager is responsible for successfully overseeing the receiving and distribution of inventory. Primary responsibilities include the creation/maintenance of a positive work environment, development of Woot FC associate skills, compliance by all associates with company policies and procedures, dissemination of relevant company information to all associates, and achieving key performance measures. The Wareouse Area Manager position includes the responsibility for direct supervision of FC associates and all aspects of warehouse operations (receiving, replinishment, fulfilment) in a manner that results in accuracy, timeliness and profitability without compromising company standards for quality. The Warehouse Area Manager will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FCs provide to our customers and to exceed departmental safety, quality and productivity goals.
Key Job Elements:
· Lead and manage a team by training, developing, and coaching team members on a consistent basis
· Review production cost and product quality, and assist with developing and implementing plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and labor force to establish, maintain, and enhance profitable operation
· Supervise the performance of administrative duties (payroll, inventory, team member schedules, etc.)
· Monitor and ensure 100% compliance with quality control procedures
· Ensure the proper and safe installation and maintenance of equipment
· Ensure production execution achieves or exceeds performance expectations
· Ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Communicate job expectations to all employees; plan, monitor, appraise, and review performance. Train new and current production staff on production procedures.
· Work with the Operations Manager to communicate manage assuring highest customer service and efficiency
· Keep and maintain production records accurately and consistently. Support any required reporting on productivity, production status, cost controls, quality measures, etc.
· Maintain supplies needed for all production areas and ensure validated cost expenditures.
· Responsible for implementing production safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees within the regulations of all OSHA, local, state and company regulations and policies.
· Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, escalating to manager as needed
· Perform other assignments as needed as directed by management