Audible - an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is looking to add a Director to its Seattle-based Marketing team, specifically focused on customer acquisition and marketing via Amazon devices, like Alexa and Fire. Using customer insights and data, you will implement strategies to shape innovative customer-focused programs at Amazon to drive strong customer acquisition at Audible. You will work cross-functionally and globally across Audible and Amazon to support and accelerate the growth of Audible.
The ideal candidate is an early adopter of digital technology and will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment, and communicate clearly and persuasively. To be successful in this role you will need to be creative and dedicated to continually testing, measuring and evolving new marketing programs that drive acquisition.
You will be a critical player in fueling the growth of Audible through Amazon via leveraging partnerships with teams in Seattle, as well as establishing Audible’s presence in Seattle. Some travel will be required to Audible’s east Coast offices to foster relationships with the existing teams. Your overarching focus will be on bringing innovative customer acquisition ideas to market in coordination with the product, creative and technology teams.
This is a distinctive opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing team, owning high visibility projects in a promising space. The role requires a commitment to goals, proactive examination, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that enables learning and literate entertainment. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shape and execute acquisition and engagement initiatives, while setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders across Audible and Amazon
- Cultivate relationships with strategic Amazon teams to identify and prioritize acquisition opportunities for Audible
- Drive business case development – bring together customer insights, research, financial data and analytics to develop a perspective on revenue and profitability potential for new to market initiatives
- Leverage Amazon ecosystem assets to provide Amazon customers with delightful, seamless, personalized experiences that drive acquisition
- Work with the Product Management, Engineering and UX team to align on features and product roadmaps
- Leverage data/analytics to continuously improve and make sound business decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there
- Partnering with Finance, Analytics and Data Science to define and measure success
- Communicate with superior verbal and written skills across all levels of the organization. Humility to listen and continually learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where continuous innovation is desired as is bringing customer oriented experiences to market.
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
- Write business requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the product and development teams.
- Persuade stakeholders effectively, and execute methodically. Influence cross-functional roadmaps, letting nothing stand in the way of clarity and prioritization.
- Ability to proactively generate and quickly execute actionable recommendations based on the synthesis and analyses of data.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive projects to completion.