Interested in Machine Learning? Do you want to learn how Speech Recognition and Natural Language processing is powering Amazon Alexa and Echo? We’re building the Alexa Science Modeling Lifecycle Platform. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading an organization of engineers in define, design, development, test, deployment, and operation of large scale distributed systems targeted at increasing the rate of innovation from our Machine Learning Science organization. A successful candidate will have an established background in driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term technical roadmaps, a strong technical ability to guide and coach, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your teams, defining the technical strategy and product road map for your organization, as well as defining, measuring, and reporting on your organizations key performance metrics.
· Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering organization
· Work closely with your teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership and peers
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.