As a Product Manager, you will drive product strategy, vision, and roadmap, positioned at the crossroads of technology and business. You will work with business stakeholders, engineering, and user experience teams to define and build products, features, and platforms that result in a great user listening experience, centered on highlighting the value of our unique content offerings. You will constantly seek to improve and innovate; you will need to move fast and often experiment, with the goal of learning quickly. You will dive deep into the data to understand customer needs and wants, and then will drive the creation and enhancement of products to delight and thrill customers. You will be at the center of our mission to deliver world-class content, commerce, and consumption experiences anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
In this specific role, the product manager will focus on the technical tools that enable Audible to ingest content from content providers, so that Audible can provide customers with all the latest titles from their favorite authors. These tools support the ingestion, audio encoding, audio and image quality control, and publishing pipelines, ensuring that Audible can maintain and grow its industry-leading catalog and continue to delight its customers. The tools need to be intuitive, responsive and easy to learn for operators within Audible, who need to quickly bring content to market. The system needs to provide visibility and reporting of title status for internal Audible staff and thousands of global content providers.
This role requires a relentless focus on the customer, an attitude that anything is possible, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, and a thirst for continuous learning. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing and collaborative environment.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop best-in-class, scalable, business-critical, internal tools to serve the needs of a rapidly growing global business.
- Write requirements documents and user stories and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
- Create and maintain sequencing of projects, prioritization and tradeoffs balancing short-term and longer-term strategic goals.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Manage the execution of initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.