Amazon Business is a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
We are passionate about building a rare shopping experience with access to hundreds of millions of products, business-only selection, free two-day shipping (on eligible orders of $49 or more), business pricing, multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, business payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated business customer support and much more.
We now have more than one million business customers since launching in April of 2015 and access to more than 85,000 business sellers. We serve businesses of all sizes and across industries, including hospitals, educational institutions, labs, daycares, government agencies, restaurants, Fortune 50 companies and sole proprietors. ROLE DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a Sr. Manager of Marketing to lead our Government marketing efforts for Amazon Business. The Government business is a prioritized industry within Amazon Business, which seeks to make Amazon the preferred shopping destination for local, state, federal and international government customers. We seek to understand the specific needs of our government customers, vendors, and sellers in order to deliver innovative solutions to serve their mission needs.
You will be able to think big, invent and execute marketing plans for how Amazon can apply its customer obsessed philosophy to Government customers. You will craft marketing materials around features that the Government customers care about and release them around targeted Government engagements.
You will build and execute a marketing approach in conjunction with our strategic plan for Government. RESPONSIBILITIES
· Position Amazon Business as a destination for government customers
· Craft outbound strategies and tactics in concurrence with Government vertical leadership and Sales
· Drive lead generation, marketing communications materials, marketing automation strategies, and other tactics to penetrate the segment
· Engage cross-functionally with vertical, category, marketing and sales teams to craft a go to market government marketing strategy that drives new customer registrations and revenue
· Drive events for the government team, including trade and industry shows, speaking engagements, and customer facing events that are part of the sales cycle
· Execute marketing programs designed to meet growth objectives including events, communication tools, demand generation, and user acquisition
· Conceive of a way to better message savings and efficiencies of our marketplace
· Conceive, create, execute and own all Government related marketing communications, including an redesign of the government landing page, emails, website, brochures and collateral, sellers materials with 3P’s, sales tools, case studies, customer reference program, testimonials, and vertical-specific customer advisory boards
· Design and implement strategies to better understand the voice of the customer (surveys, customer focus groups, for example) to ensure our marketing strategy reflects customer priorities and needs