Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies to solve real world problems? Do you want to affect not only internal users but Retail customers worldwide? In Retail Systems, you will pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business and our effectiveness as a player in the global e-commerce. Amazon has risen to the top of online retail, but there is still a lot of work to be done to remain competitive and find new opportunities.
As a member of Amazon's Seattle, WA based Vendor Self Service team, you will be a key player in driving Amazon's Retail business; the bread and butter of Amazon. The Vendor Self Service team is streamlining many of the business processes that run Amazon Retail. We've built a large-scale vendor management solution, and we're looking for a data scientist who will help leverage our data through analytics and machine learning to provide key insights and enable new business opportunities. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run the Retail business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company. And most importantly, the Retail Systems team is composed of some awesome people, and you'll have a lot of fun!
As a data engineer, you should be skilled in the architecture of enterprise data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms. You should have extensive experience in the design, creation, management and business use of extremely large datasets. You will be building new data engineering solutions that leverage the AWS cloud architecture and will extend or migrate our existing data pipelines to this architecture as needed. You will also be leveraging our Big Data platform to create the curated data model for the teams to leverage. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
To learn more about Vendor Systems & Experiences, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonVSE
· Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and developing new datasets in data warehouse.
· Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines from Oracle system to Redshift and Elastic Map Reduce to make the system grow elastically.
· Optimizing the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job related issues.
· Identifying the data quality issues across Oracle and Redshift to address them immediately to provide great user experience.
· Extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources.
· Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets.