Our mission in Softlines is to be the number one destination for customers to purchase Softlines products and serve the breadth of global customers unlike any other retailer.
As an Amazon.com Senior Data Engineer,
- You will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments.
- You should be an expert in the architecture of DW solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud).
- You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets.
- You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions.
- Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Softlines team,
- You will also be assisting with integrating the Redshift platform as our primary processing platform.
- You will be part of a team building the next generation data warehouse platform and to drive the adoption of new technologies and new practices in existing implementations.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing the complex ETL pipelines in data warehouse platform and other BI solutions to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon.com.
- You will be leading and mentoring junior engineers and leading communications with management and other teams.
- You will be building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines from Oracle system to Redshift and Elastic Map Reduce to make the system grow elastically
- You will be optimizing the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job related issues
- You will be tuning application and query performance using Unix profiling tools, python and SQL
- You will be extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources
- You will be designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
- You will be modelling data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting