Would you like to engage with senior business and technical leaders of companies to help them achieve extensive business value by migrating to AWS? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of cloud migration projects? Do you have experience leading technical strategy across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Enterprise Migration Architects to work with and enable our enterprise account teams and customers accelerate their cloud migration journey, including understanding customer business drivers, their current datacenter architecture, help design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundation. Enterprise Migration Architect also leads a community of Solution Architects focused on enterprise migration best practices.
The Enterprise Migration Architect works with account managers and account Solutions Architects for a number of high-value enterprises in a geography, and enables them to effectively lead migration assessment, readiness and strategy across a broader team of cross functional resources within such enterprises, including working with high value customers directly along-side the account teams. The Enterprise Migration Architect also closely collaborates with the Professional Services lead, Business Development lead, and Partner lead for their geography to ensure successful management of customer progression through the Migration Acceleration Program. The Enterprise Migration Architect must be have the ability to train and mentor account Solution architects on the migration process, technologies and best practices.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies.
- Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
- Assessing migration feasibility, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components.
- Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at a customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
- Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures and assisting customers and other Solution Architects devise best practices.
- Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and Migration Acceleration Program.
This role is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to enable the account Solutions Architects lead transformational change in large Enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud, including leading many such engagements working along-side account teams as mentoring and coaching opportunity.