Join the team that just launched the first-ever brick-and-mortar Amazon retail location, Amazon Books in Seattle, WA. We’ve applied Amazon’s 20 years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and online book shopping. Our doors opened November 3, 2015 and it is very much still Day One. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world’s most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
This role combines team leadership, strategic planning, relationship management, project management, negotiations, and lease administration. We seek a senior leader who demonstrates proven success in building and running a fast-growing real estate organization who can deliver a large volume of simultaneous complex projects on demanding timeframes.
This role will be based in Seattle and will include national travel. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop 3-5 year real estate strategy and lead execution of the strategic plan
- Develop and manage processes and tools to insure the complete cycle of real estate management functions is completed consistently and predictably, while managing a high volume project flow and robust pipeline of LOI and lease negotiations
- Own real estate playbook end-to-end while obtaining cross-functional alignment from various stakeholders
- Build and mentor a top-performing team of internal and external resources built around each key step in the real estate process; constantly challenge practices to insure the team is consistently raising the bar on its performance
- Lead site selection and acquisition within specific geographies, and coordinate resources to support due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
- Manage real estate budget development, monitoring, and reporting
- Partner successfully with Amazon architecture, construction, engineering, and procurement to capitalize on existing programs and deliver expanded opportunities to drive over-all construction costs down, meet lease requirements, and ensure successful store launch from inception through full development cycle
- Provide leadership and liaison with landlords, developers, brokers, and lawyers, while expanding key partner relationships beyond the status quo
- Create and present Real Estate Committee (REC) materials for new locations