Kindle BU in Amazon is an inventive BU that designs and engineer’s high-profile, portable consumer electronics products, high quality eBook content and innovative services, like the Kindle eink, Fire Tablet, eBook store, cross platform reading app, vendor management platform and Kindle Unlimited. This senior product manager position will work in China Kindle Content product management team and the specific products/features we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer customer benefits that customized for China readers & publisher’s requirements.
As a Senior Product Manager in Kindle Content team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative reader facing software /services. Your key stakeholders include local filed, global Kindle content PM and global Development team. You are responsible for 1) landing global product/features in CN to address CN special requirements if any, 2) delivering CN specific products or features and 3) driving a new product/feature initiating from CN but benefit ROW.
This person has a business-orientation and is responsible for the development and implementation of product plans. S/he is the voice of the China customer to the specific software development team in Amazon. This person is responsible for capturing, documenting and communicating the needs of the customer and is involved throughout all stages of the product lifecycle management. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. The specific role and responsibility include:
- Think big on CN eBook market customer needs to own an initiative and build concrete proposal to facilitate the executive’s product decision following a PR/FAQ process.
- Define and own feature sets, roadmaps for the specific customer facing SW/Services and working with dev team to have dev commit following BRD/Scoping process.
- Proactively engage with global Kindle content PM team to build in specific China reader use case during early product concept stage and leverage global development resources in a smart way.
- Manage cross team coordination related to product scope, development, and lead team to made hard tradeoffs decision of feature set to define right MVP.
- Deliver products to market successfully via working together with local VM/TAM/Content demand & global team while managing future product iteration plan.
- Own post launch feature measurements and collect BI data to ensure customers are happy and we are building the right features over time.