Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.About this Role:
Audible is looking for an Android Software Engineer who is excited to apply their depth of experience to Amazon’s growing portfolio of portable devices. The "Audible on Fire Devices" team owns the full experience of audiobooks on Amazon Fire Devices, including the Amazon Fire Tablets & Fire TV.
As a software engineer at Audible, you will be expected to design, develop and implement high-quality, scalable, and maintainable solutions that delight our customers. You will work with multiple partners across the organization including Development Managers, Product/Program Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Business stakeholders, etc.
The software you develop will be used on a daily basis by millions of Audible consumers world-wide across millions of Amazon devices!Responsibilities:
• Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and analysis to the development of complex software and architectures
• Participate in internal review of software components and systems
• Work proactively, independently and with minimal technical direction to determine appropriate approaches to SDLC
• Define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work to be executed
• Collaborate with senior management and leadership within the engineering organization
• Build stable working relationships internally
• Resolve a diverse range of technical problems and issues of broad scope and complexity