Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
About the Role:
Don’t you love it when a close friend recommends a book that you’ll love? Or how about walking into a store and feeling like whoever built it – built it just for you? It’s those feelings of being known, understood and deeply valued that we want to convey to our members at Audible. When they visit our website or mobile applications – we want them to feel like we’ve designed the experience just for them. That they’re not just a member, but a close friend.
We are looking for a leader to help champion Personalization at Audible. Each member’s experience should feel tailored, bespoke, deeply personal and insightful. Your mission will be to delight every Audible member by showing that we care and demonstrating how deeply we understand them. You’ll be part of the most talented and customer-centric product development organization on the planet. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be amazed. You’ll grow. But most importantly – you’ll create some incredible products that connect with our members on a personal level everyday.
This role requires a thirst for continuous learning, commitment to action, an attitude that anything is possible and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate takes Personalization very,very personally. Responsibilities:
- Become the high priest of Personalization at Audible – leveraging technology to continuously deepen and improve our relationship with our members.
- Roll up your sleeves, dig into the details, create requirements and drive a steady cadence of improvements to the Audible customer experience.
- Set a high bar for success, never except the status quo, look for every opportunity you can find to innovate on behalf of Audible’s members.
- Manage the execution of initiatives from solution through launch – engaging all the right teams at Audible along the way.
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.