AWS Infrastructure Finance team is looking for a highly motivated senior financial analyst to partner with our operational systems team in building out our dynamic network and supply asset management systems for the global AWS business. The success of these systems will be instrumental to AWS’ ability to scale inventory management and forecasting for a fast growing and increasingly complex global organization.
This position will play an integral role in ensuring the systems are accurate and support the right financial and business analysis for the global finance organization. This role will support and enable the development and automation of complex reporting and analysis that delivers the right information to multiple layers of the AWS organization.
This position requires a proactive, highly motivated individual with an aptitude for critical thinking, process improvement, and who can assist in the strategic system development around the globe. This person will be expected to take ownership and drive positive change. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, detail oriented and possesses the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including world-wide AWS, finance, and software development teams.
Primary responsibilities for these asset management systems include:
- Assisting global customers across multiple finance and operations teams in driving system automation of analysis that provides visibility to manage the business and opportunities to optimize cash flow.
- Identifying cost-out, controllership and process improvement opportunities through close partnership and alignment with AWS Infrastructure Finance and AWS Services Finance.
- Ensuring that change management, standardization, automation, scalability, and agility are components of the systems and tools design and development.
- Assisting software development teams in identifying customer requirements and prioritizing requests.
- Supporting controllership for new and existing systems and functionality.
- Continuously evaluating the internal controls, and improving them through audits and remediation of deficiencies.
- Robust documentation and communication of projects.
- Providing analytical support for AWS Infrastructure and systems teams.