Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything that they might want to buy online. Originally known as a bookseller, Amazon has dramatically expanded its range over the years to offer everything from DVDs to MP3s, Toys to Tools, Clothing to Computers and much more.
Amazon is seeking a highly professional, experienced media expert for the role of PR Manager, Amazon Robotics. The purpose of the role is to deliver and evolve media content and thought leadership to support Amazon Robotics which is an advanced technology utilised in Amazon’s network of Fulfilment Centres and helps us to better serve our customers by delivering parcels more efficiently, reduce prices, increase selection and support employees in their work.
The ideal candidate will develop and execute messaging, PR strategy and innovative communications tactics and will enjoy diving deep into technology and is motivated by a dynamic, highly creative culture. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and have a track record of generating results. S/he will pay painstaking attention to important details.
Excellent writing skills are imperative for this role. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complicated issues, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express this opinion. S/he will develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges. The successful candidate will communicate an excitement and enthusiasm for customers, sellers, vendors and the Amazon business and brand as a whole.
Charismatic and a natural relationship builder, they will have an influential voice and credibility with established and senior stakeholders, internally and externally. The successful candidate will be prepared to roll up his/her sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of the role’s direct remit.
The successful candidate will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Key Responsibilities
- Devising and implementing communications goals, strategies and tactical media relations and engagement campaigns
- Sourcing, writing and editing content, using various sources for news, and managing an external agency which will provide some editorial and full design and publishing support
- Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson
- Create and update communication materials
- Integrate with Amazon marketing, policy and global communications teams
- Work quickly and precisely under tight deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time