Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on three different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 300,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained. About the Role:
The Head of Data Science will lead a team of Data scientists and collaborate closely with key stakeholders to discover the customer. You will be on the cutting edge of data science, experimentation, machine learning, modeling, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions. You will lead the team to leverage established and novel data sources, quantitative and qualitative research, and machine learning techniques to deliver tools and insights that have a direct impact on Audible’s growth plans.
- Dive deep into all available details, rediscover the customer, seek the customer, and strategize with stakeholders and leaders to produce meaningful solutions
- Establish insights that guide the publisher by decomposing the author, the story, and the word
- Support the producer by determining the voice, find the actor, and study the spoken word
- Develop frameworks, models, tools and processes to ensure that data science insights can be incorporated into all key decision making
- Lead and continue to build a world class data science team