Finance Technology is building a team to create a cutting-edge fraud, error, and abuse detection platform for Amazon’s finance ecosystem. If you are interested in big data, machine learning, and working in a startup environment then this is the team for you. We are building a team of innovative technologists with a passion for large-scale machine learning and building high-quality software platforms that just work and keep working.
We are looking for a results-oriented, highly technical Software Development Manager to lead a team of software engineers, data engineers, and applied scientists to build machine learning solutions to detect and prevent financial transaction fraud, errors, and abuse. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams. As a Manager within Finance Technology you will help set the vision for a new suite of technology that will enable thousands of global Amazonians continue to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of software developers to create world-class finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events and payment flows that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats. You will own the goals and roadmap of the your team, along with the strategic direction of your software and shape of your organization.
As a technology leader, you will drive architectural and design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Build and manage a team of engineers. Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management