2016 was a year of firsts for Amazon Game Studios. In February 2016, Amazon released Lumberyard, a free, cloud connected game engine. In April 2016, Amazon Game Studios Orange County, moved to a state-of-the-art game studio and streaming facility. At TwitchCon we revealed some of our new projects to the world. What milestones will you be a part of?
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, San Diego, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.
Amazon, is looking for a Creative Game Director
who knows what it takes to make a great game and has experience doing so. The perfect candidate is comfortable working wonders within the limitations of their project, is used to being agile in a smaller team environment, is focused on shipping a quality product, and is a self-motivated team player. The candidate would be able to help leverage upcoming platforms for whole new types of gaming experiences.
You'll work with your team to help design and implement engaging game play mechanics within a positive, "what does the game need to be great" environment. You should have experience designing and analyzing game mechanics and love to dive deep into the details of game development. Ideas and experience with game mechanics best suited to mobile devices is a plus.
- Experience creating, tuning and balancing game play with a holistic, "get your hands dirty" approach
- Self-starter who doesn't need, or want, to be micro-managed but wants constructive criticism
- Successful titles demonstrating excellent design talent
- Experience balancing and pacing games
- Expert with math and formulas in game environment
- Strong creative writing skills
- Experienced with engines such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine
- Game programming background a plus
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of current commercial game titles
- Has led teams before from prototype to polish