Amazon RDS Postgres Senior Product Manager
We're looking for an accomplished product management leader to play a big role on the Amazon RDS team. RDS powers some of the most important Internet companies on Earth. We provide a simple-to-use and reliable relational database provisioning and management service on top of PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB and MySQL, in addition to our own highly scalable database product, RDS Aurora. Our goal is to be the best DBA a customer can find, providing the best database technology in the world, enabling companies to accelerate their growth and maintain as many 9’s of reliability and uptime as they need on their most crucial systems. Customers use RDS in thousands of different ways for experimentation, startup acceleration and mission-critical enterprise workloads, in fields as varied as tax preparation, space mission data analysis, business analytics, IOT data processing and social networks, to name a few. We run the largest database fleet in the world, and we work hard to deliver features, security, durability, availability, performance and scalability to our customers every day. Amazon RDS is one of the largest and fastest-growing businesses in the AWS cloud with no end in sight as businesses are rediscovering the strength of relational databases and the easy application development that leverages mutable schemas, scalable ACID transactions, and modern language interfaces such as JSON.
Are you a Senior Product Manager who has the experience to manage a business at scale while keeping your foot on the gas and continuing to provide our customers with the features they're asking for as well as the ones they haven't asked for yet? We need somebody who has a proven track record of guiding a successful business to be even more successful. One of our most exciting business is RDS Postgres - both of which are two of the most popular open source databases in the world. As customers move to the cloud, they are also finding that it’s time to move both upscale from less performant open source databases and down-cost from proprietary databases. Your focus will be the RDS Postgres business in both its current state and all future projects around it.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for the cloud who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer and enterprise customers. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, Internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You must have a deep understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape and be able to translate customer needs into features, pricing models, and merchandising opportunities to deliver an unparalleled customer experience.
As the RDS Postgres Senior Product Manager you will:
· Understand our customers inside and out via regular calls, visits, customer briefings, your own customer advisory board and travel to conferences, summits and customer sites
· Lead teams across AWS, directly or by influence, that drive the Amazon RDS business forward
· Develop the RDS product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple project features
· Make the business decisions that grow adoption and usage of RDS. Set prices, target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas.
· Work closely with all RDS engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment.
· Launch new features and make sure our sales, marketing, and PR teams are telling the most compelling RDS story
· Dive deep into database technology to chart the vision for the next big things from Amazon and RDS Postgres.
If you think you have what it takes and you want to grow yourself while you grow a business, come talk to us!