Amazon is all in on games.
The last twelve months was a year of firsts for Amazon in gaming. After the announcement and release of Lumberyard, a free, cloud connected game engine, Amazon Game Studios moved into a state-of-the-art game studio and streaming facility in Orange County, CA, as talent from several studio acquisitions merged into a core development team. In September 2016 at TwitchCon in San Diego, AGS revealed the first of our new projects to the world, 3 PC games including: Breakaway, New World, and Crucible.
We are a community of passionate gamers and industry professionals, and we continue to grow and evolve. What milestones will you be part of?
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon’s Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers, and creators.
Amazon Game Studios is seeking a talented Video Editor / Shooter for our studio in Irvine, CA to work on our team battle sport Breakaway, and open-ended sandbox game, New World. Imagine having the opportunity to drive the style and execution of video assets produced for marketing & social media channels, live streaming content, as well as esports broadcasts and online video features. Your contributions will help support gamers at one of the most customer-centric companies on the planet, aspiring to build the next big thing in gaming! You will be able to work cross functionally with our marketing, community, and game teams to craft a vision and further the development of media content for our communities. Working closely with Twitch will also allow you to amplify the most engaged and passionate gamers in the world.
As part of the team, filling the role of Video Editor / Shooter
, you are well versed in every aspect of non-linear editing, edit-styles for promo or narrative, graphic integration & titling, cutting with audio, mixing, color correction and more. Additionally, you love to shoot video/film and have a strong understanding of cameras & camera tech, cinematography, framing, lighting, and story techniques used to produce video content for a diverse array of media sources. Distribution platforms for your work might include: television broadcast, live web streaming, web VOD, online features, event showcases, mobile/tablet, among others. Specific projects might include shooting & editing BTS documentary work on AGS game development, editing gameplay trailers with captured footage, working with motion graphics & cinematics teams to create animated character back stories, as well as other miscellaneous production/post-production work.
Of utmost importance is an expert understanding of various equipment, processes, and software used to create top quality video product. The Video Editor / Shooter will be an integral part of most every stage in the creative process here, from conceptualization to production, post and into the distribution process. As such, they may have interactions with higher-level creative team members, and work under creative direction or project supervision, therefore must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively.
You thrive when you are empowered to make awesome video products and don’t mind being hands-on at any stage of the process. In collaboration with a mix of stakeholders and content contributors from internal teams and external resources, your goal will be to fill the pipeline with world-class content to be served to players daily.
As a core gamer, you understand and speak the language of the gaming community, and you can help find visually oriented ways to express that voice.
The Video Editor / Shooter
reports to the Marketing Creative Lead for the studio.
We expect this role to:
- Edit with shot footage and captured game assets to create public facing video trailers, teasers, short-form documentary features, narrative, or other promotional media content
- Work with post assets, effects, and processes: like marrying graphics, motion assets, video looks, effects, or audio to elevate content
- Be highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Be versatile and able to use temp imagery, music, dialogue, and SFX to build towards finished product with placeholder assets
- Be able to update and organize footage, generate reviewable files, and outputs for finishing / conform
- Edit with music to create works that excite, inform, and tell a story
- Maintaining content quality under condensed schedules
- Prepare projects and handle final deliveries of necessary formats
- Prepare projects for archival and maintaining internal project databases
- Shoot video with specialized cameras that capture the quality and style of the specific project or creative plan
- Be comfortable with shoots that encompass a range of content and cover everything from live broadcast video support, to documentary & verite, narrative, motion capture, green screen & composite plates, even still photography
- Provide recommendations for selection of videographers, photographers, talent, crew, & other resources needed for upcoming projects
- Develop and manage shot lists and storyboards in collaboration with Creative Lead and Art Director
- Work with the director on set to establish workflow pacing and manage conflicts as they arise
- Confirm all details of shoots during both pre and post production phases to ensure smooth flow of activity as well as accuracy on set and in deliverables