Amazon.com is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Development Engineers for our Network Operations team to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution, autonomously and/or collaboratively. The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of networking, networking concepts and theory. They will have experience managing proactive engineering, network optimization and operational network support for a large-scale service provider or enterprise environment. The successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality network event management for Amazon's worldwide network. As a technical leader, he/she will manage complex stakeholder relationships, both technical and management. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is essential!
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazons world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Provide critical on-shift network operations support to Amazon.com customers to diagnose and respond to large-scale networking events
- Support and maintain our next generation data-center networks
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
- Partner with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden
- Work closely with our Network Engineering & Deployment teams to ensure operational readiness for new deployments
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- Participate and drive impact mitigation during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process
- Drive event deep dives for large-scale events, deliver high-quality documentation for the events and drive corrective actions to completion
- Improve our detection mechanisms by designing and implementing new alerts.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues and ability to effectively engage with mid and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Identify and drive opportunities to automate repeatable networking tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Effectively contribute towards hiring and developing others in the team.