Amazon.com is seeking a highly intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and well-connected public relations professional to join our global communications team in Seattle, Wash. This individual will help lead high visibility public relations initiatives for Amazon Prime both in the US and around the world including supporting Prime Day in 13 countries.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated expertise in large scale events, working across multiple countries, media relations, leadership experience, as well as an entrepreneurial and goal-oriented approach. He/she should be a strategic thinker and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
· Act as a PR business partner to Amazon Prime team
· Drive proactive coverage for Prime Day and other global Prime initiatives
· Manage reactive media inquiries when necessary
· Support strategic launches
· Serve as a global liaison for Amazon Prime in other countries
· Write press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets
· Build excellent relationships with key media
· Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams to drive successful programs
· Deliver strategic communications counsel to internal executives on both short and long term challenges and opportunities
· Develop and manage strategic public relations programs that drive awareness of Amazon Prime’s core benefits and promises
· Effectively represent Amazon as spokesperson
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges