Amazon Web Services Solutions Architecture team is looking for architects who are passionate about helping enterprise customers build applications at scale. Our Solutions Architects (SAs) are experienced technologists with technical depth and breadth, along with strong interpersonal skills. In this role, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to help enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks, with deep hands on skills. AWS SAs build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security.
We are expanding our team of motivated technologists with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology sales or consulting. Our team is looking for SAs with the demonstrated ability to think strategically about businesses, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate & mobilize resources, and deliver results. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is a critical component to be successful in this role. As AWS continues to grow and add new services, we support your success through an extensive on-boarding program. We seek team members who are self-motivated, driven, collaborative, passionate about AWS, and want to have a direct positive impact on our enterprise customers.
Open to up to 25% travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams
- Directly collaborate with the sales team to formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using, AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, etc.
- Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences