Our mission at Goodreads is to help people find and share books they love. We are the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations with 60 million members who have added over 1.7 billion books to their shelves. Our core belief is the right book in the right hands at the right time can change the world.
Are you passionate about building the future of reading? Goodreads is seeking an experienced marketing leader to develop innovative programs that will attract, engage, and delight readers, authors, and people who inspire us to read. You will build relationships with influential readers and notable brands. Working with senior managers and your peers, you will analyze the business needs, develop campaigns, define the go-to-market strategy, and establish the success metrics. You are able to tackle complex projects methodically, set a clear plan of action, analyze customer behavior, and continually iterate. You are both analytical and creative, comfortable with ambiguity, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and can successfully collaborate with PR, Product, and Sales to execute your vision.
Core job responsibilities:
- Own the marketing strategy of our programs with other Amazon teams, primarily Kindle
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across Goodreads and Amazon to craft and execute joint engagement strategies
- Dive deep with readers, book groups, and influencers to support major launches and drive adoption of key products
- Build and execute campaigns that drive user and engagement growth
- Set goals and report on progress with relevant marketing metrics in business reviews and reports for senior leadership
- Develop robust test-and-learn strategies that optimize our marketing programs
- Oversee all deliverables to ensure they meet our quality bar and align with campaign strategy
- Own measurement of program performance, including data queries and analysis
- Conduct research to develop consumer insights that inform marketing plans
- Establish a high bar for marketing creative and copy