Interested in Machine Learning? Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning (AML) team is Amazon's fully managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build predictive models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for online predictions. We own and develop https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/.
AML offers scalable regression and classification techniques on textual, categorical, and numerical data via easy-to-use APIs, an SDK, and AWS Console UI. It reduces the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that external developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
As the Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems and big data / data mining solutions. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Customer engagement and product road map definition.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.