We are the team that creates and powers Audible’s website applications for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audible’s market leading Premium Business and build the sites across desktop and mobile devices. The team is comprised of developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams, Product, UX and QA teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior technical leader on the Premium Business team who always wants to make things better in enhancing our already successful and much loved product. You will lead and develop technical strategy and architecture while continually improving how we develop and support our web solutions. You will also be coaching, mentoring, and working with the Amazon engineering community as well as non-technical partners and executive management. You will need strong soft skills to be successful: Communication, influence and passion. You will need to dive in and code, troubleshoot and improve our software as needed. You will be an enabler for the delivery of production software in an iterative manner.
How does Amazon fit in?
We're a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
As an Engineer we like specifics so here's some of the standard info:
- Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building and supporting. These services need to operate with a high degree of operational excellence (we measure EVERYTHING).
- You will collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, responsible for architecture and system design.
- Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never be a bottle-neck, see around the corner and anticipate developers' needs, host brown bags, knowledge-transfer sessions and generally evangelize the platform.
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
- Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
- Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.