Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our transportation communication team in Seattle. This individual will manage strategic external communications focused on sharing the stories about the individuals and businesses that help deliver customer packages for Amazon. Across the U.S., small and medium sized logistics and transportation companies are growing as a result of delivering Amazon parcels, and this PR Manager will support telling their stories to press and other external stakeholders.
The successful candidate should possess excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative and a talent for collaboration. She/he should have experience working with national and local media outlets, and should demonstrate high standards under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
Core Job responsibilities:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Brainstorm and craft strategic plans for creating a regular cadence of external stories focused on the individuals and transportation companies of all sizes that serve Amazon customers
- Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs
- Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets and related media materials for Amazon’s operations business
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key national, regional, local and trade media
- Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson