The AWS Service Catalog is looking for an exceptional software development engineer to guide our team of customer obsessed software development engineers and web development to deliver a long-term, strategic vision to be the landing zone for enterprise customers. Getting there requires code spelunking into back-end and dependency services to deliver satisfying end-to-end solutions, with carte blanche to adapt-in-place with mandates to deliver for scale when required.
The AWS Service Catalog makes it very easy to create, manage and scale enterprise resources such as EC2 instances, EBS volumes and RDS databases. The AWS Service Catalog extends the Amazon Web Services capabilities by giving developers and systems administrators an easy way to create and manage collections of related AWS resources as a single unit, manage the lifecycle of applications on the Amazon Web Services platform and make AWS the place to run your business.
If you are excited to solve problems that are raised by challenging questions like: How do I see all of the resources my application requires in a single place? How can I reliably duplicate my infrastructure between test, staging, and production environments? How should I name my resources so multiple developers and applications don’t conflict? How can I make sure everything I need started correctly, and in the right sequence? How do I manage and operate my application when it is running and, how can I make sure things are cleaned up reliably and automatically when something goes wrong?
We are looking for a visionary engineer to lead the team, interfacing regularly with business development, product management, and customers to understand their use case and innovate on their behalf, extending our capabilities to a broader community. Customer requests will demand you guide our evolution of a multi-faceted realm of technology including: full-stack development, back-end services, analytics, machine learning, delivering scalable big-data solutions, data engineering, operational excellence, and more!
We have a need for a Sr. Software Development Engineer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual will have the responsibility to;
- Define and drive technology decisions required to fulfill a multi-year vision for this AWS service.
- Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
- Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams such as CFN, Sentinel, Organizations, Trusted Advisor, etc. to influence product development to support or enhance products.
- Lead, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
- Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD), distributed programming and Java.
- Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
- Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers