AWS Service Catalog allows organizations to create and manage catalogs of IT services that are approved for use on AWS, and is in need of a Systems Engineer to help us keep our technology footprint agile by following best practices for our growing customer base world-wide. The successful Systems Engineer does much more than plug computers together or track changes. They are instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling out a massive always-on distributed system that is serving production workloads for our customers every day. We are looking for a seasoned Systems Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple AWS services across several AWS regions.
- Participate and lead architecture workshops, working directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
- Lead the builds of AWS CloudFormation templates, configuration runbooks and scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
- Mentor and advise the global team on matters of system engineering and architecture best practices.
- Drive operational excellence.
- Own the process for releasing production code to customer facing production environments.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.