Audible - an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is looking for an experienced User Researcher Director to assist in the growth and evolution of THE preeminent immersive media experience brand. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that enables learning and literate entertainment.
User Research at Audible brings the customer’s viewpoint to all discussions as it relates to the visual and interaction design across all platforms and devices. User research provides insight on the "why" people do the things they do when interacting with Audible product’s touch points. By so doing, we contribute to the UX goal of a harmonious interplay and flow between the user’s mindset (goals and expectations) and product experiences (audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences) across devices. ABOUT YOU
You’re are perpetually inquisitive and embrace the challenge of unstructured asks from stakeholders.
You’re a detail oriented person when it comes to collecting user research but also do not lose sight of the big picture when it comes to analysis and drawing relevant and meaningful insights. You are also one who is confident in your thoroughness when it comes to user research and welcome opportunities to defend the logic and reasoning behind your insights and recommendations.
You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performance multidisciplinary designers, product managers and technologists exploring the limits of audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, track and report key user experience metrics.
- Maintain and evangelize the vision of Audible’s User Research vision.
- Distill research questions into well thought-out research plans and aligning them with product roadmap.
- Identify best research methods based on research goals, timeline and resourcing.
- Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle using a variety of methodologies including: usability task scenario studies, contextual inquiry, diary studies, task analysis, heuristic evaluation, benchmarking/competitive analysis, card sorting technique, 1 click testing and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create actionable findings.
- Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
- Be a strong and vocal user advocate.
- Direct management of a team of user researchers