Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering is a fast-growing and leading-edge research and development unit that designs, engineers and qualifies cloud-optimized compute and storage enterprise products. Our servers are industry-leading in innovation and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS service owners and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality servers and components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies. As part of this, the Hardware Qualification team owns the total hardware validation testing cycle and ensures the high expectations of our cloud customers are met.
The team is currently seeking a technically-savvy manager to join us in developing the next technological step on our journey of building the Amazon cloud. As a Hardware Quality Assurance (QA) Manager, you will find that we have some unique and challenging requirements that need creative solutions and the development of non-trivial tools and processes. You should be an experienced manager who enjoys using data and metrics to drive the creation of processes, and is relentless in setting goals and seeking measured improvement. You will be as passionate about hiring and developing your team as you are in ensuring world-class quality of our hardware. Why it matters:
The public cloud IT infrastructure market is growing at a remarkable rate and is seeing rapid adoption from companies of all sizes. The quality of one of the largest server fleets in the world starts here. We directly improve the business outcomes of more than a million customers who depend on AWS. Why You’ll Love it:
You'll be part of an incredibly strong and deep team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of cloud evolution, enabling and extending our distributed systems on a massive scale across multiple data centers, multiple countries and millions of customers. What You Will Do:
- Manage and oversee the work assignments and priorities for a direct team of QA Engineers working in a Lab environment.
- Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team and with outside partners to drive key aspects of QA definition, execution and test.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement and world-class efficiency.
- Develop enhancements to our test capability working in concert with the related internal QA teams.
- Have a direct hand in guiding and reporting on test planning to serve the various needs of the business.
- Directly participate in Test Plan creation, Test Plan reviews, and Test Case reviews.
- Analyze and drive needed enhancements required in the test automation frameworks to keep improving test efficiency and accuracy.
- Identify and prioritize critical test gaps and develop plans to address them with the team.
- Maintain a closed-loop corrective action process around test escapes downstream from your processes.
- Meet with customers periodically to keep information flow high.
- Function as a subject matter expert on a variety of technologies by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management.