As a manager and lead on the Advertising Design Technology team you will split your time between execution and strategy. You will be contributing to the definition of new ad products, tools and custom campaigns while working directly with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and Account teams.
As a lead, you will have comprehensive understanding of the current state (and future) of web technology with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design. You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical teams and skilled in using data to inform decisions. You are a leader in the never-ending process of improving team standards, documentation, and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high-level of autonomy. You can translate business requirements and technical constraints into amazing prototypes that impact the end customer experience. You own your prototypes through user testing and production. You will be setting relentlessly high standards for yourself and your team.
The ideal candidate will be equally passionate about design as they are about technology. You should have strong front-end proficiency, be a creative problem solver at the core and have a keen eye for world class design. You should have disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create, and deliver branded shopping experiences for millions of customers worldwide across Mobile, Desktop, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, and Alexa devices. Responsibilities include:
- Providing design and technical leadership by working closely with business teams to develop strategy, use cases and requirements
- Presenting work to peers, product teams and executive leadership
- Providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to your immediate team and beyond
- Owning end-to-end development process and deliverables from a design and technical perspective
- Partnering with program and product owners to appropriately assess features for future scaled offerings.
Here are some things that we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to lead highly technical teams with experience developing talent across functions
- Proven ability to prototype experiences across multiple devices, webviews, and browsers
- Proven ability to simplify and distill complex problems into intuitive and elegant experiences
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in the full lifecycle of design and development, including ideation, prototyping, development, browser compatibility, failovers, validation, and user-testing
Please include your online portfolio and process examples in your application.