Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
At Evi, we are focused on building technology that combines natural language understanding, acquiring large volumes of structured knowledge and machine reasoning, to allow customers to get answers to their questions in the most natural way possible. We’re building solutions for Amazon Echo and other products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate strong product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration
- Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code that meets complex requirements and is massively scalable
- Involvement at all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing significant new architectural systems and improvements
- Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes
- Participation in estimation and sprint planning
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.