SDE's at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
This role is with the Fortune team in the Retail Systems Business Financial Intelligence org. Fortune is a new and fast growing team with a mandate to build a continuous planning and decision support system for Amazons largest business from the ground up. We are a ground-floor team with lots of potential career growth opportunities! Our work combines Econometrics and Machine Learning with human intelligence to support senior leadership in optimizing growth and profit opportunities. This is a complex business, science, and technology challenge requiring rapid prototyping of potential solutions with the final product having very high visibility and supporting all of Amazon worldwide.
We’re looking for a passionate engineer who has the skills to implement complex designs:
- From prototype to deployed product, you work seamlessly with design and backend teams to build clean, optimized interfaces for our interactive financial analytics application
- You earn the trust of your peers with your creative collaboration skills, understanding and sharing of best practices in design, optimization, interaction and usability.
- You have worked in team-based, collaborative software development projects
- You participate in code reviews and contribute to the continuous improvement of our codebase by following best practices in development, software design, and deployment
- You can act as a Technical Lead and keep projects on track and grow others